Close Mobile Menu


Foreigners staying in Korea for more than 90 days must register for an Alien Registration Card (ARC) at a local immigration office within 90 days from the date of entry.

Simply receiving your visa is not the last step to registration, and those with visas must receive an ARC to finalize their sojourn documentation.

It is illegal to stay in Korea for more than 90 days without being registered, regardless of your visa at entry. Please be sure to check for the most recent information at ( before your visit, or by calling the immigration hotline at 1345 (no area code needed).



Alien Registration Card


■ Required Documents


  • - Application Form
  • - Passport
  • - 1 Color Photo (3.5cm X 4.5cm)
  • - Proof of Residence
  • - Application Fee of KRW 30,000
  • - Medical check-up record for tuberculosis (updated 2018.03.01.)
    •    * (19 countries) China, Sri Lanka, Russia, Uzbekistan, Thailand, Vietnam, India, Nepal, East Timor, Indonesia, Pakistan, Mongolia, Bangladesh, the Philippines, Myanmar, Cambodia, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Laos
    •    * Students of these nationalities are required to submit the medical check-up report including the examination for tuberculosis issued from a neighborhood public health center.

■ Additional Documents


- Study (D-2): Certicate of Enrollment

- Language Training (D-4): Certificate of Enrollment, Training Center Establishment Related Certificates


* These documents can be provided by MOIA or your departement/college/school


You (and any visa dependents) need to visit your appropriate Immigration Office in person with these required documents. It takes approximately 6 weeks for the Immigration Office to process the application. Please be aware that applicants must leave their passports with the Immigration Office during the entire approval period.



Alien Registration Card Re-Issuance

■ Eligible Circumstances


  • - Lost or Stolen Registration Cards
  • - Damaged Registration Cards
  • - Lack of Space for Necessary Information
  • - Changes in Details on the Existing Card (name, sex, birth date, or nationality)




Application for a new card must be made within 14 days of the above reasons.



■ Required Documents for Re-issuance


  • - Passport
  • - Completed Application Form for Re-issuance
  • - Document stating reason for re-issuance application
  • - 1 Color Head Shot Photo (3.5 x 4.5cm)
  • - Old Registration Card (if existing card is rendered useless from wear/tear, lack of space, or change of details)
  • - Process Fee: 20,000 KRW




You must go to your local immigration office to submit your re-issuance form in person.



Reporting Changes


Foreigners are required to report changes to any details (including change of address) on their ARC within 14 days of the change (payment of fines if reported after 14 days).

f any of the following changes happen, they must be reported to the local Immigration Office or online at Call 1345 in advance to check which office is appropriate for you.


  • - Name, gender, date of birth, or nationality
  • - Passport details: number, date of issuance, or expiration date
  • - Hosting employer/institution (including change of business name) for D-2 and D-4 status holders
  • - Residence address



Chuncheon Immigration Office


Many visas and visa alterations may be applied for through the HiKorea site. Before visiting your assigned immigration office, it is highly recommended that you first attempt to submit an e-application.

It is strongly advised that you make a reservation before you visit the immigration office. It is known to have very high traffic and long wait times. Arriving too late in the day, especially for Chinese nationals, may result in a failure to be seen that day.


■ Address


12, Saam-gil, Dongnae-myeon, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do, Republic of Korea 24408

강원도 춘천시 동내면 사암길 12 (학곡리 29-1) 24408


■ Phone Number


(+82) 033-269-3210

(+82) 033-269-3294