After reviewing the nomination, Yonsei will reach out to partner coordinator(or a student) in a separate E-mail with detailed application instructions.
Students should complete the online application form (Google Forms) and will need to have supplement documents (or information) ready before filling in the application form.
※ As Chinese is not allowed to access to Google programs, they can fill in the MS-word application form and submit it via email, instead.
The supplement documents should be written in English together or translated into English.
Please note that as students upload the documents online (or submit via email), we do not require an original copy of the application packet via post mail but you may be asked to bring the original documents when you enter Korea.
■ An Official Transcript of Academic Records in English
■ Statement of Study Abroad Purpose
- Write a brief self-introduction and a statement on why you want to study abroad in Korea. (No specific form)
■ Letter of Recommendation
- It should be from the academic advisor (a professor/lecturer).
- Using designated Yonsei Form is recommended. However, Other form is also acceptable.
■ Health History
- We need your information of allergy, disease and vaccination.
■ The physical test results for Tuberculosis
The date of test should be no older than 3 months. It should clearly state the presence (or the lack) of the normality (or not) for Tuberculosis. For our purpose, it is pointless if the test result sheets show historical records only. All accompanying documents must be translated into English. It is required document for residence on campus. (For example, if you are normal the doctor usually states that the test result is negative.)
■ A Copy of Medical Insurance & Accident Insurance
To ensure your well-being during your study abroad at our campus, all incoming exchange & visiting students are obligated to obtain personal health insurance. The insurance plan must be valid in Republic of Korea and cover the duration of study. Please enroll in a health insurance plan of your choice, as there is no designated insurance service provider but it is recommended that you choose a study abroad plan which will cover medical expenses to be incurred during your exchange in Korea. Mandatory insurance plans provided at your home institution will be sufficient, but proof (an official letter) must be provided by a month before your arrival to Korea.
■ A colored copy of the front page of your passport
- Every text should be clearly shown and readable.
- Color photo for Alien Registration Card. Photo standard is as below.
A. Sized 3.5cm (width) * 4.5cm (height)
B. Both ears should be fully visible.
C. Uncovered full face (must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders, no hat and sunglasses).
D. Must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white background. Pay attention to your facial expression, outfit and hair style.
E. Must be taken within the last 6 months.
- This photo will be used for VISA. It should be a sensible one and is strictly-observed by Korea Immigration Service, Ministry of Justice.
■ Financial Statement *
An official bank letter and/or statement verifying the student’s or sponsor’s financial account information. The balance should be over than below.
- One semester: $3,500
- Two semesters: $7,000
■ Language Proficiency Test Results either English or Korean **
- English Proficiency: TOEFL iBT 61 and above, or its equivalent level
- Korean Proficiency: TOPIK Level 3 and above, or its equivalent level
※ * and ** above are not required for international students who are participating Global Village Program.
- ■ Way 1: Complete the forms on Google Forms and upload the required documents on Google Forms as well
- ■ Way 2: Complete the forms on Google Forms and submit the required documents via email
- ■ Way 3: Complete the MS-Word forms and submit it via email along with other required documents
※ When complete the MS-Word form, refer the Google Forms transformed into PDF to see the explanation of each question.
※ When submit the documents via email, be sure to state your name and type of documents on each file name and each document should be well organized.
Yonsei university, MIRAE Office of International Affairs
#303 Yonsei Plaza, 1 Yonseidae-gil, Wonju-si, Gangwon-do, 26493 Republic of Korea
■ Fall semester (September ~ December): May 15
■ Spring semester (March ~ June): November 15
※ You may ask an extension of the submission deadline, if needed.
An acceptance letter will be issued and e-mailed to the student after Yonsei’s decision has finalized.
Accepted students will receive several emails from MIRAE Office of International Affairs regarding instruction of VISA process, course registration, airport pick-up service and so on.