It is a program that allows international students to earn credits by enjoying and sharing the same experiences with other Yonsei University MIRAE Campus students while living on campus.
This program is for those from partner universities which have a mutual agreement with Yonsei and wish to study at Yonsei in excess of the number of exchange students or those from non-partner universities and wish to study at Yonsei with self-nomination.
Unlike the exchange student program, this visiting student program is a fee-paying program. (Students shall pay tuition at Yonsei University MIRAE Campus.)
Program: Choose either Track A or B
[Track A: International Program]
For the student who is already fluent enough to take classes in Korean or English. They can choose any courses based on their own major or interest.
[Track B: Intensive Korean Program]
For the student who is currently majoring in Korean Language or who wants to intensively learn Korean language. Students take ‘Korean Language Program (four hours of classes a day, Monday through Friday, total 200 hours of classes a semester)’ and get 12 credits of courses. They can optionally take up to 6 additional credits depending on their language (Korean or English) proficiency.
'Track B: Intensive Korean Program' Details
The student who is currently majoring in Korean Language or who wants to intensively learn Korean language.
- Students are able to take Korean classes depending on their level which is thoroughly divided into 6 different stages same as TOPIK levels.
- Students are able to intensively learn Korean language with 200 hours of total class hours.
- Student is able to take additionally up to 6 credits of elective liberal arts courses with their choices depending on their Korean or English proficiency
- Student is able to acquire knowledge of Korea’s overall social life and various kinds of K-pop culture by studying various of vocabulary and grammatical structures through balanced reading, writing, speaking and listening practices
■ Korean Classes: Taking regular courses of ‘Korean Language Program(KLP)’
- Class language: Korean
- Class Time: 9 AM to 12:50 PM, through Monday to Friday, total 200 hours of classes a semester. (The KLP course runs about 10 weeks during undergraduate 16-week-semester)
- Placement: The level will be decided upon the result of the placement test
- Grading: Exams 80% (Mid-term 40%, Finals 40%) + Others 20% (attendances, participation, comprehension, pronunciation and accent), absolute evaluation system
- A certificate of completion of KLP course will be awarded
■ Earned Credits: Undergraduate elective liberal arts 12 credits
1. Either KOREAN VOCABULARY AND GRAMMER(한국어어휘와문법)(6 credits) or KOREAN EXPRESSION AND COMPREHENSION(한국어표현과이해)(6 credits)
2. Either KOREAN LANGUAGE AND POPULAR CULTURE(한국언어와대중문화)(6 credits) or CONTEMPORARY LIFESTYLE IN KOREA(한국현대사회생활)(6 credits)
- Student actually takes ‘Korean Language Program’ courses and chosen above Korean courses (12 credits) will be registered for their academic records and graded on the transcript
- Since the maximum class load is 18 credits, student can take up to 6 additional credits depending on their language proficiency
■ Korean Language Program (KLP)
- Student who wishes to continue Korean study can register Korean Language Program for Summer/Winter semester after finishing regular undergraduate semester
※ This is about additionally registering language program only during Summer/Winter vacation, undergraduate transcript is not issues but a certificate and transcript of KLP is issued
- Class time and hours are same as spring/fall semester (9 AM to 12:50 PM, through Monday to Friday, total 200 hours of classes a semester)
- Tuition: 750,000 KRW (It is 50% of discounted tuition from regular fee specially for VSP student)
Approximately Estimated Expenses per semester
- (Original Tuition: 5,500,000 KRW)
- MIRAE Campus Tuition (Specillay discounted): 3,000,000 KRW
Housing: 550,000~1,150,000 KRW depending on the type of the dormitory hall and room
Meals: 2,000,000 KRW
School materials and others: 400,000 KRW
Trasportation: 400,000 KRW
※ All costs in above are subject to change without prior notice. If you intend to make apyment with financial aid, please check its disbursement timelines as it may be later than Yonsei tuition deadline.
■ Tuition Payment (Wiring / Transferring only, No credit card acceptable)
- 수취은행명 Bank Name: Woori Bank (우리은행)
- 수취은행 지점 Branch Name: YONSEI UNIVERSITY MIRAE CAMPUS SUBBRANCH(연대미래)
- 수취은행 주소 Bank Address: 1 Yonseidae-gil, Wonju-si, Gangwon-do, Republic of Korea
- 수취은행코드(SWIFT) Swift Code: HVBKKRSEXXX
- 수취인성명 Beneficiary Name: Yonsei University MIRAE Campus
- 수취인 한국 전화번호 Beneficiary Telephone Number: +82-33-760-5092
- 수취인 계좌번호 Beneficiary Account Number: 462-000043-18-671
※ All bank fees are the responsibility of the student
■ Refund Fee
- Refund fees apply only to visiting (non-exchange) students who have paid the fees to Yonsei University MIRAE Campus
- Student must submit a written format of program withdrawal notice for refund before the deadline. (Please request a program withdrawal form via email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All bank fees are the responsibility of the student
1. Before the first course registration Date: 100%
2. From the first course registration date to the last day of Course Add and Drop period: 80%
3. After the last day of Course Add and Drop period to the last day of Course Withdrawal period: 50%
4. After the last day of Course Withdrawal period: No refund is possibleGo to see the Fact Sheet of Exchange Student Program