Close Mobile Menu

♦ Short-Term General Visa (C-3-1)
This visa is generally called a tourist visa or a visiting visa. Students who are planning to study at KLP for only one term may apply for the C-3 visa. This visa is good for 3 months (90 days) and can be issued immediately upon application at either a Korean Embassy or a Consulate office. The holder of this visa should coordinate his/her length of study in Korea with the effective period of the visa to avoid the risk of visa expiration during the course of study. Please note that we do not issue a letter of admission for any Short-Term General Visa (C-3).
If you are in the course of KLP with this visa and want to study for more than a semester, you can change it to an appropriate visa by registering next semester, receiving the Certificate of Admission and the Certificate of Enrollment, and then applying for a new visa at the Immigration Office in Korea.
Please note that this visa is different with no-visa entry. And as of now, it’s only available for American, Japanese and German nationals to be issued a student visa after no-visa entry.



♦ General Training Visa (D-4)
A student who is planning to study for more than one semester should apply for the D-4 visa. This visa is generally good for 6 months at a time and can be renewed in Korea. Since this visa takes approximately 2~4 weeks to process upon application at either a Korean Embassy or Consulate office, it is recommended that students should apply for this visa at least 2 months before leaving for Korea.
Usually, if you registered two semesters, the length of your stay should be six months. If four semesters, the length of stay should be six months at first and can be extended for three months twice. Also you begin your studies with C-3-1 visa and change it to D-4 if you want to register subsequent semesters to continue studying. 

* The 'Certificate of Admission' required for the D-4 visa application should be issued only to those who have registered for at least 2 semesters (6 months) in advance.